Fields & Fences Equestrian Center (36550 N. Hunt Club Road, Gurnee, IL, 60031) was established in 1987 as part of the prestigious 600-acre horse community, Hunt Club Farms located in unincorporated Lake County, Illinois. Homes starting at $1 million are situated on lots ranging in size from 2 to 15 acres. Homeowners with 5 or more acres may keep horses on their property. The residents of these estates and boarders at Fields & Fences enjoy exclusive use of over 12 miles of well-maintained, fenced bridle trails that run through the 600-acre development.
Fields & Fences has undergone several expansions to keep up with demand. The most recent expansion, which began in December 2003, is the most ambitious with the addition of 105 stalls, a second indoor riding arena and over 9,500 square feet of clubrooms.
Upon completion, Fields & Fences Equestrian Center will feature:
- 2 heated indoor riding arenas 60′ x 271′ and 100′ x 300′ (yes, that’s the size of a football field) with automatic watering system.
- 4 enormous outdoor riding arenas with all-weather footing (180′ x 250′; 180′ x 240′; 150′ x 250′ and 70′ x 210′)
- Turf grand prix/hunt field with 2 water jumps and bank jump.
- Box stalls are 10′ x 12′, 10′ x 14′ or 12′ x 12′
- 121 stalls for boarders; 70 stalls for horse shows.
- 26 pastures/paddocks with 6′ lanes between each turnout.
- 12 miles of private, groomed bridle trail through 600 acres.
- 10 heated wash racks, 6 tack rooms, 2 changing rooms and 10 toilets.
- Comfortable, heated and air conditioned 3-story clubrooms for each indoor arena with satellite TV, wireless internet, kitchenette and an elevator!
- Fire detection system. Security cameras. Automatic fly/mosquito control systems.
- Exercise classes for riders taught by a certified, personal trainer.
Fields & Fences hosts either a hunter/jumper or dressage/CT schooling show monthly during the summer months. With the new indoor arena, there are plans to offer USEF recognized dressage and hunter/jumper shows during the winter months.
Directions to Fields & Fences, 36550 N. Hunt Club Road, Gurnee, IL 60031
Exit the Tri-State Tollway (I-94) at Route 132 (Grand Avenue) west. Pass Gurnee Mills Mall and go north on Hunt Club Road. Fields & Fences is on the west side of Hunt Club Road just south of Stearns School Road.
|For special rate, mention:||
Key Lime Cove
La Quinta Inn
|Corp. ID #2687085
Horse Show Rate
Fields & Fences
Fields & Fences
4 passes to indoor waterpark